NOTE: NEW DELIVERY DAY NORTH TO SAYULITA IS WEDNESDAY
CUT OFF FOR ALL ORDERS IS MONDAY AT NOON
CUT OFF FOR ALL ORDERS IS MONDAY AT NOON
COME INTO OUR ON LINE FARMERS MARKET for Puerto Vallarta, Punta de Mita, Sayulita, and surrounding areas of the Coast of Jalisco and Rivera Nayarit Mexico
The Leading Cause of Premature Aging and Premature Death
Besides over eating…or smoking..
Increased insulin and leptin receptor sensitivity has clearly become the leading candidate for premature death. This results from two primary conditions: too much sugar and processed foods, combined with insufficient exercise.
Interestingly, controlling these two factors could likely eliminate more than 90 percent of:
· High blood pressure
· High cholesterol
Of all the molecules capable of inflicting damage in your body, probably the most damaging of all are sugar molecules. Fructose in particular is an extremely potent pro-inflammatory agent that speeds up the aging process. This is mostly an artifact of the postindustrial agricultural revolution that we live in as over thirty years ago scientists learned how to cheaply produce sugar from corn and now it is loaded in nearly all processed foods and has become the number one source of calories in most all developed countries. READ LABEL$
Fructose is a major contributor to:
· Insulin resistance and obesity
· Elevated blood pressure
· Elevated triglycerides and elevated LDL
· Cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis and even gout
How does it do all this?
It’s the sticky stuff…
The mechanism that causes damage is called glycation; a process in which the sugar bonds with proteins and form so-called advanced glycation end products, or AGEs (sticky stuff). It's a fitting acronym because – along with oxidation – it's one of the molecular mechanisms whereby affects the filtering process of the kidneys. The kidneys serve as a blood filter, which when plugged up with this sticky stuff, the blood does not cleanse or circulate properly..THUS..these AGES keep roaming around in the blood, accumulating in organs and such..Which is why this AGES also create inflammation, which activates your immune system in a defensive maneuver. Macrophages are scavenger cells that are part of your immune defense system, and as such they have special receptors for AGEs, aptly called RAGEs (think: raging inflammation). These RAGEs bind to the AGEs and get rid of them. (sounds like a kids video game). O.k. so, .that’s a headache...
. The Anti-Aging Lifestyle
Going back to where I started, of all the healthy lifestyle strategies I know of that can have a impact on your longevity, not smoking and normalizing your insulin and leptin levels is probably the most important.
That means modifying your diet to avoid excessive amounts of fructose, grains, and other pro-inflammatory ingredients like trans fats.
· Learn how to effectively cope with stress – stress has a direct impact on inflammation, which in turn underlies many of the chronic diseases that kill people prematurely every day. Meditation, prayer, physical activity and exercise, and massage therapy all work.pick something that fits your lifestyle..Tango anyone??
· Eat a healthy diet based on your nutritional type – know your blood type and google your blood type diet. This makes a difference in energy levels and weight control.
· Optimize Your Vitamin D Levels. This is a powerful and inexpensive element in our area.that you can do for free by careful and safe sun exposure.
· Animal based omega-3 fats – Correcting the ratio of omega-3 to healthful omega-6 fats is a factor in the anti- aging life style This means increasing your intake of animal based omega-3 fats, such as krill oil,(costco carries this now) while decreasing your intake trans fats.
· Avoid FAST or FRIED FOODS
· Get your antioxidants from foods –Good sources include blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, beans, and artichokes.
· Use coconut oil – Super food, anti-aging food is coconut oil, known to reduce your risk of heart disease and lower your cholesterol, among other things. In fact, it's doubly beneficial because it can be both eaten and applied directly to your skin. Coconut oil can be used in place of other oils, , and can be used for some of your cooking needs. (no good with meats and eggs, but you can use raw sesame oil)Do not use coconut oil on your face.
· Get your resveratrol naturally – Resveratrol is the antioxidant found in red wine, We do enjoy a glass of red wine, or raspberries, mulberries, and peanuts.
· Exercise regularly and correctly--. It's been shown that even individuals of any age can substantially increase both strength and endurance with exercise.
· Avoid as many chemicals, toxins, and pollutants as possible – This includes tossing out your toxic household cleaners, soaps, personal hygiene products, air fresheners, bug sprays, lawn pesticides, and insecticides, just to name a few, and replacing them with non-toxic alternatives. Seek out natural alternatives such as baking soda, lime..etc.there are other products around..
· Avoid pharmaceutical drugs – Pharmaceutical drugs kill thousands of people prematurely every year – as an expected side effect of the action of the drug.
· Do not overeat do not overeat do not overeat..
Now go and enjoy those leftovers..